GURU contains reference information, data and news pertaining to the conduct of business at Penn State.
This is an intranet site for Penn State University.
- Reference Document Collections– Fiscal related documents used at Penn State University – these include administrative policies, financial procedures and all of their associated forms and guidelines required to conduct Penn State accounting business.
- Policy Manual – GURU contains all of the administrative and financial policies applicable to University Park and campus locations. (OHR policies are maintained by OHR.)
- Form Locator – The Form Locator is a collection of information to help find the University’s available business forms. Located here are the instructions for use of many of the widely-used forms required to conduct business at Penn State. Wherever possible, GURU provides fill and print forms, interactive forms online or specific information on where and how to obtain forms that are not available online.
- Rates & Schedules - Appendices are a variety of reference tables, charts, tool, or any specific data supporting the policies, procedures and forms.
- Procedures – Procedures are specific financial documents showing how to handle the collection, safeguarding, reconciliation and depositing of any money. Some procedures are generic, meaning that they apply unilaterally to all areas of Penn State. Other procedures are written specifically for the fiscal operations of specific groups or areas.
- Central Offices – Shows offices that have information located on GURU, have other connections to policies, procedures or forms housed on GURU, or have their own web page associated with GURU in the conduct of University business.
- Central Offices Intranet Sites - Those offices with a website on GURU.
- Central Office Bulletin Board - This reference is a collection of information from selected University offices centrally responsible for various business processes.
- News Resources
- GURU News Bulletin Board - As important revisions in policies, procedures, forms, or any other information on GURU occur, those changes are reflected immediately at "Current News." On a monthly basis, the information is archived into monthly files that may be accessed at anytime to show when prior changes occurred.
- GURU News Subscription – An individual may become a subscriber by placing requested information into the GURU News Subscription form. Subscribers will be automatically notified via email of changes to the contents of GURU the day they occur.
- Other Resources
- Decision Tools – Various Tools (or ‘aids’) to help make business decisions. Some tools ask an individual questions, and their responses help lead to the correct decision for the particular circumstances. In other tools, collections of information assist you concisely finding the answers you are seeking.
- ASK GURU – Sometimes individuals may have questions about University business to which they cannot find an answer. They can ask the question here to get a reliable answer. Many questions previously asked are also posted by topic and answers provided. Looking at the answers to previously asked questions my help a user find answers quickly.
- Quick Link - A resource to make finding information on GURU even easier.