GIFT & ENTERTAINMENT AUTHORIZATION
- Who – Who is offering the gift, entertainment, payment, benefit, hospitality, or favor?
- What – What is the gift, etc., including its total actual or estimated monetary value?
- Recipient – Who will be the recipient(s) of said gift, etc.? Please include current position at the University.
- Relationship – What is the relationship of the third party to the University (e.g., vendor, potential vendor, negotiation status)?
- Benefit – What is the benefit to the University in accepting this gift, etc.?
- Role – What is the role of the employee(s) in influencing, recommending, or selecting the third party for University work (e.g., selection/recommendation committee, provide information or feedback regarding the third party to decision makers)?
- Appropriateness – What is the appropriateness of the activity for the role/position of the employee (e.g., conference presentation, technical training, professional education, continuing education credits)?
- Social Activities – What social activities are included in the agenda (if applicable)?
- Supervisor Name – Enter the Supervisor’s name. This individual must sign and date the form.
- Employee – Enter the name of the employee. This individual must sign and date the form.
- Employee 2 – Enter the name of the second employee (if applicable). This individual must sign and date the form.
- Employee 3 – Enter the name of the third employee (if applicable). This individual must sign and date the form.
Once all signatures have been obtained, the form is forwarded to the Office of Ethics and Compliance at email@example.com