FABRICATION EXPENDITURE QUESTIONNAIRE FORM
Table of Contents:
- General Information
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
NOTE: Google Chrome MUST be used to access the GURU website and for completing and/or downloading fill-and-print forms. Firefox, Internet Explorer, and/or Microsoft Edge browsers do not support all features required for PDF fill-and-print form functionality. Substitutes for an approved University form (created using a different browser or scanned copies) will be returned with the request to use the Chrome version of the form.
Procedure CR2020 Property Fabrication sets forth The Pennsylvania State University ("University" or "PSU") requirements for a fabrication in connection with sponsored projects and PSU Internal Projects. The procedure has been established to ensure consistency with other PSU procedures and compliance with the requirements of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance in 2 CFR, Part 200 (Uniform Guidance), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DRARS).
The Fabrication Expenditure Questionnaire (FEQ) is used to ensure compliance with the PSU requirements for fabrications in connections with sponsored projects and PSU Internal Projects. Refer to Procedure CR2020 Property Fabrication prior to completing the form.
If there is insufficient room in the expenditures table on the FEQ to record all expenditures, the Principal Investigator may substitute a spreadsheet detailing the complete information. In this circumstance the Principal Investigator would attach the complete spreadsheet to the FEQ and not complete the table portion of the FEQ. All other information on the FEQ should be completed. The spreadsheet name should be the same as it appears for the named fabrication.
This form has fill-and-print form fields and digital ID (signature) fields enabled. The PDF version has instructions provided for the type and/or format of information to be included within the fill-and-print form fields. Hovering the computer mouse over any form field within the PDF will display these instructions. See Converting Web-based Documents to PDF Documents for details. See Applying Digital IDs When Document Contains Multiple Signatures for instructions on adding signatures.
For step-by-step instructions for completing the Fabrication Expenditure Questionnaire, click link below:Fabrication Expenditure Questionnaire Exhibit
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). Policy FN17 Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) requires that all form templates must be vetted and approved prior to being published on the GURU website and all such documents having gone through said established approval process must be password protected.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, etc) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for examples, Nuance). It has been brought to the attention of the Office of Systems and Procedures that PDF forms do not function appropriately when accessed using Firefox and/or Microsoft Edge. In order to access any of the forms on GURU and have the fill-and-print functionality work properly, the end-user must access the GURU website using Google Chrome.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
Clicking the form download icon on any of the form instruction pages on GURU will open a web-based version of the form. While it appears to have fill-and-print fields available, not all functionality may be available for use (i.e. digital ID fields). With some exceptions (see below), it will be necessary to convert these web-based documents to PDF documents.
In order to have a version with all PDF capabilities enabled, click the "Fill & Sign in Acrobat" or "Open with Acrobat" icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This icon must be clicked before entering any information. A new versions of the document will open. Complete this version and save the document in a location where you will be able to locate it.
If, upon opening the PDF in Google Chrome, the Fill & Sign in Acrobat icon does not appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, it will be necessary to enable Adobe Acrobat extension. Please visit Enable Adobe Acrobat extension for Google Chrome for instructions to enable Adobe Acrobat extension.
There may be times when it is necessary to combine multiple PDF documents into a single document for submission. In those instances, complete the following steps:
- Click on the appropriate form in GURU
- Complete the fill-and-print boxes on the web-based form
- Click the printer icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Change Destination to Microsoft Print to PDF using the drop-down arrow
- Click Print at the bottom of that panel
- Enter a file name in the box at the bottom of the pop-up window and be sure to select a location where you will be able to relocate the document
- Click Save
Repeat this process for each document that will be combined (each file name must be different from the previous)
- Now, open one of the completed PDF documents and on the far right select combine files
- Click Add Files and select the files to be combined
- Click Combine
This form has the Digital ID (applying an electronic signature to the document) process enabled. If, upon opening the PDF in Google Chrome, the following does not appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, it will be necessary to enable Adobe Acrobat extension
Please visit the following for instructions to enable Adobe Acrobat extension:
Complete all fill-and-print form fields before completing the signature process:
- Open the Fabrication Expenditure Questionnaire Form
- Before entering any information, click the "Fill-and-Sign in Acrobat" (see above) icon or click the "fill-and-sign" option (looks like a pen nib) located on the right-hand column within Adobe Acrobat, or click "Tools" from the tool bar on the upper left-hand side of the screen and click "Open" under the Fill & Sign option
- Complete all fill-and-print fields
- Once the form is complete, click in the signature form field and either:
- select your digital ID and click continue, or
- create your digital ID, select your digital ID, and click continue
- Review the information in the appearance box and click sign
- You will be required to save a copy of the document (the digital signature is not applied until the form is saved)
- ARL Fabrications
- The file name will contain the name "fabrication-expenditure-questionnaire-form" in the file name field, add a dash and the Work Breakdown Structure Element number (no spaces and all lower case (i.e., -12345678) to the end of the file name (i.e., fabrication-expenditure-questionnaire-form-12345678)
- choose a location to save the file where you will be able to locate/retrieve this saved version
- click save
- University Fabrications
- The file name will contain the name "fabrication-expenditure-questionnaire-form" in the file name field, add a dash and the grant number or unique cost center number (no spaces and all lower case (i.e.,-123456 for grant number or -123456789012 for cost center) to the end of the file name (i.e., fabrication-expenditure-questionnaire-form-123456 for grant number or fabricabtion-expenditure-questionnaire-form-123456789012 for cost center)
- Close the form version appearing on your screen
- Open the version containing your last name saved in the previous steps
- Verify that the digital ID appears on the document
- Close the document
The Fabrication Expenditure Questionnaire Form requires multiple signatures. Please complete the following process for obtaining those signatures:
- The initiator completes and saves the form using the naming convention defined above
- The initiator sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to the Research Administrator (or delegate) or the Business Area Financial Officer (or delegate) for initial approval
- The Research Administrator (or delegate) or Business Area Financial Officer (or delegate) opens the document, reviews the document, and applies their digital ID (if approving) as defined in Steps 4, 5, and 6 above and the saving the document again
- The Research Administrator (or delegate) or Business Area Financial Officer (or delegate) sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to the Principal Investigator (or delegate) for approval
- The Principal Investigator (or delegate) opens the document, reviews the document, and applies their digital ID (if approving) as defined in Steps 4, 5, and 6 above and saving the document again
- The Principal Investigator (or delegate) sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to the Department Head/Institute Director for approval
- The Department Head/Institute Director opens the document, reviews the document, and applies their digital ID (if approving) as defined in Steps 4, 5, and 6 above and saves the document again
- The Department Head/Institute Director sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to:
- ARL Fabrications:
- The Department Head/Institute Director submits the Fabrication Expenditure Questionnaire (FEQ) containing all digital ID's for approval to PSU Property Inventory when it is determined that a fabrication will be created, regardless of funding source (sponsored or PSU internal)
- The FEQ must be submitted for fabrications included in a proposal for an ARL sponsored project at the time of the proposal
- University Fabrications:
- The Department Head/Institute Director submits the Fabrication Expenditure Questionnaire (FEQ) containing all digital ID's for approval to PSU Property Inventory for equipment or capital assets after the University has received the award. This includes fabrications for:
- College of Medicine
- Commonwealth Campuses
- Fabrication requests for Materials, Contractual Deliverable - Equipment (CDE), or Contractual Deliverable - Materials (CDM) do not get submitted to Property Inventory. The Department Head/Institute Director retains these requests
- Fabrication requests for Equipment and Capital Assets are submitted to Property Inventory
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Document Type:||Ultimate Distribution:||Requisition Type:||Retention Periods:||Disposition Method:|
|Paper document or Electronic document and data||Department Head/Institute Director
|If Materials (MAT), Contractual Deliverable - Materials (CDM), or Contractual Deliverable - Equipment (CDE) - retained by originating department
If Equipment (EQP) or Capital Asset (CAP) - retained by Property Inventory
|End of fiscal after close of grant or contract +3 years||Paper documents - Secure Bin disposal or shred
Electronic document and data- delete and empty recycle bin
|Transitory* paper document or transitory electronic document and data||Initiator, Research Administrator (or delegate) or Business Area Financial Officer (or delegate), and Principal Investigator (or delegate)||created during the signatory process||End of fiscal +1 year||Paper documents - Secure Bin disposal or shred
Electronic document and data- delete and empty recycle bin
* Transitory/Disposal Records are University Records that have temporary value and, as result, may be destroyed after they are no longer needed. In no event shall transitory records be retained longer than the official copy of the University Record.
If EQP or CAP - email completed forms and any attachments to Property Inventory
If MAT, CDM, or CDE - retain in originating department
For questions, additional details, or to request changes to this form, please contact Property Inventory.
- Policy AD35 University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN17 Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility
- Procedure CR2020 Property Fabrication
- 2 CFR, Part 200
- Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement