APPLICATION FOR LEAVE OF ABSENCE WITH PAY (SABBATICAL)
Table of Contents:
- General Information
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
The Application for Leave of Absence with Pay (Sabbatical) form is to be used by all faculty and staff members when requesting a leave of absence with pay (sabbatical).
- Applications for Leave of Absence With Pay shall be submitted to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost of the University. The submittal date shall be November 1 for action by January 1.
- The Vice President for Research and Vice President for Commonwealth Campuses shall perform the same function as the budget executive. An institute or facility director shall function as budget administrator.
- The decision on Applications for Leave of Absence With Pay will be made by the President after consideration and recommendation by the Executive Vice President and Provost of the University.
- Refer to Policy AC17 Sabbatical Leave.
No associated exhibits or instructions.
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). See Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) for full details.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF Forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for example, Nuance). If you experience problems downloading or opening documents, right click on the link on the Forms Locator Screen, select 'Save Link As' (or similar language) and save the file. The document can then be opened in either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro from the saved location.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. An Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) account is also available to all Penn State students, faculty, and staff members, at no cost. Sign up for an Adobe Creative Cloud account at adobe.psu.edu. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Original||White||Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost of the University||3 years after retirement / termination|
|1st Copy||White||Originating Department||As long as individual is actively employed|
Refer to the Review Process section of Policy AC17 - Sabbatical Leave.
For questions, additional detail, or to request changes to this form, contact the appropriate individual as identified in the "Review Process" section of Policy AC17 - Sabbatical Leave.
- Policy AC17 - Sabbatical Leave
- Policy AD35 - University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility