MOVING EXPENSES SUPPORT FORM
Table of Contents:
- General Information
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
Due to changes to the federal tax law as of January 1, 2018, all University paid or reimbursed moving expense payments are included in the employee's gross income as taxable compensation; are subject to payroll tax withholding; and are reported to the the Internal Revenue Service on the employee's W-2 at the end of the calendar year.
- Reimbursement - The employee is required to submit itemized receipts documenting the actual expenditures (except meals up to the per diem limit for the location and personal mileage) to their Administrative Area.
- Lump-Sum - The lump-sum payment option should be utilized for any expenditure outside of the categories on the Moving Expenses Support form (receipts are not required).
- Contracts and Grants - Under Uniform Guidance 200.464, lump sum payments are unallowable on contracts or grants and any expenditure outside of the categories on the Moving Expenses Support form must be x-coded.
- The Administrative Area is responsible for maintaining all supporting documents (itemized receipts and this form [if used]) .
To view document exhibits, click on the link below:
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). See Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) for full details.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in-viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for example, Nuance). If you experience problems downloading or opening documents, right click on the link on the Forms Locator Screen, select 'Save Link As' (or similar language) and save the file. The document can then be opened in either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro from the saved location.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, it/as needed. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Ultimate Distribution:||Retention Periods: (after settlement)|
|Original||White||Administrative Area||Current fiscal year + 2 years|
Administrative Area retains the form as back-up to the SRFC.
For questions, additional details, or to request changes to this form, please contact the University Tax Manager.
- Policy AD35 - University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility