Table of Contents:
- General Information
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
One version of this form is to be completed for monies received in the name of the University when another document is not designated as a receipt. This form will provide a permanent record supporting the posting of payments to financial records, and also provides a receipt to individuals making payments.
- This form is available through the Financial Officer in your area. Financial Officer requests for replenishment are made via an IDCC in the IBIS system. Receipt books for University Park and Commonwealth Campuses each contain 50 receipts (3-part sets).
- Only official University Receipts are authorized for use unless approval of an alternative form for use has been granted by Systems & Procedures. The use of generally available receipts purchased elsewhere is specifically prohibited.
- Control of the receipts is the responsibility of the Financial Officer and the designated individual in the area receiving cash or checks.
- The Financial Officer must maintain a summary control log which reflects the status of receipts by receipt control numbers. Such a log must enable that individual (or Auditing) to determine whether an individual receipt has been distributed to an area for use, whether the receipt has been used, or whether the receipt has been voided. (See Procedure CR2032 - Processing and Controlling Prenumbered Receipts at Non-University Park Locations and Procedure CR2059 - Processing and Controlling Prenumbered Receipts at University Park ).
- Receipts are not to be made available to unauthorized persons.
- All three copies of a VOIDED receipt must be forwarded to the Financial Officer.
- Receipts must be returned to the Financial Officer when the need for receipts no longer exists.
- The " Accountability Transfer Form " (or a Transfer Log) should be used to transfer receipts or documents from one area to a courier, or to another area or department. (See Procedure CR2059 .)
- The use of these forms are not needed if all cash/check receipts are processed through a cash register.
- Refer to Policy FN01 - Processing Cash Revenues for further information.
- The receipt number series must be detailed on the ROCR when submitted.
To view exhibits, click below:
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). See Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) for full details.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each brower (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF neiwwer without asking users. These built-in viewers do n ot necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF reader (for example, Nuance). If you experience problems downloading or opening documents, right click on the link on the Forms Locator Screen, select 'Save Link As' (or similar language) and save the file. The document can then be opened in either Adobe Acrobat Reade or Adobe Acrobat Pro from the saved location.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your eeds, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
If your encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Original||White||Person making payment||- - - - -|
|1st Copy||Canary||* Area accepting payment||Current fiscal year +2 years, or until released by Auditing, whichever comes first|
|2nd Copy||Pink||* Financial Officer||Current fiscal year +2 years, or until released by Auditing, whichever comes first|
* This distribution may be interchanged.
- Give the white copy to the person paying.
- The canary (or pink) copy is to be retained by the area accepting payment.
- The pink (or canary) copy is to be forwarded to the Financial Officer.
- Give the white copy to the person paying.
- If the payment is related to a student account, the canary (or pink) copy is to be filed in the student's records folder or attached to the Student Financial System batch posting. If the payment is related to something else, the canary (or pink) copy is to be retained locally by the area accepting payment.
- If the payment is reported through the Student Financial System, forward the pink (or canary) copy to the Financial Officer with a copy of the Student Financial System Daily Activity Report. If the payment is not reported through the Student Financial System, forward the pink (or canary) copy to the Financial Officer.
For questions, additional details, or to request changes to this form, please contact Systems & Procedures.
- Policy FN01 - Processing Cash Revenues
- Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility
- Procedure CR2032 - Processing and Controlling Prenumbered Receipts at Non-University Park Locations
- Procedure CR2059 - Processing and Controlling Prenumbered Receipts at University Park