PURCHASE ORDER OPTION LINE GUIDANCE FORM
Table of Contents:
- General Information:
- Exhibit and Instructions:
- Form Requirements:
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution:
- Where To Send Completed Forms:
- Contact Information:
- Cross References:
The Purchase Order Option Line Guidance form is used to notify Procurement Services when exercising Purchase Order Options Lines.
It is necessary to indicate if the purchase order option is being exercised for:
- the current fiscal year
- the next fiscal year
When an option is exercised, the option is not active until the period of performance start date.
The information to be included in the verification of option line account assignment table is used to verify the information as provided on the original purchase order. If this account information needs to be changed, please complete the Purchase Order Change Form. The Purchase Order Option Line Guidance Form cannot be used to change the account assignment.
To view document exhibits, click on link below:
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). Policy FN17 Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) requires that all form templates must be vetted and approved prior to being published on the GURU website and all such documents having gone through said established approval process must be password protected.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, etc) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for examples, Nuance). It has been brought to the attention of the Office of Systems and Procedures that PDF forms do not function appropriately when accessed using Firefox and/or Microsoft Edge. In order to access any of the forms on GURU and have the fill-and-print functionality work properly, the end-user must access the GURU website using Google Chrome.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
Clicking the form download icon on any of the form instruction pages on GURU will open a web-based version of the form. While it appears to have fill-and-print fields available, not all functionality may be available for use (i.e. digital ID fields). With some exceptions (see below), it will be necessary to convert these web-based documents to PDF documents.
In order to have a version with all PDF capabilities enabled, click the "Fill & Sign in Acrobat" or "Open with Acrobat" icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This icon must be clicked before entering any information. A new versions of the document will open. Complete this version and save the document in a location where you will be able to locate it.
If, upon opening the PDF in Google Chrome, the Fill & Sign in Acrobat icon does not appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, it will be necessary to enable Adobe Acrobat extension. Please visit Enable Adobe Acrobat extension for Google Chrome for instructions to enable Adobe Acrobat extension.
There may be times when it is necessary to combine multiple PDF documents into a single document for submission. In those instances, complete the following steps:
- Click on the appropriate form in GURU
- Complete the fill-and-print boxes on the web-based form
- Click the printer icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Change Destination to Microsoft Print to PDF using the drop-down arrow
- Click Print at the bottom of that panel
- Enter a file name in the box at the bottom of the pop-up window (i.e. purchase-order-option-line-guidance-form-4xxxxxxx) and be sure to select a location where you will be able to relocate the document
- Click Save
Repeat this process for each document that will be combined (each file name must be different from the previous (i.e. purchase-order-option-line-guidance-form-4xxxxxxxA, purchase-order-option-line-guidance-form-4xxxxxxxB)
- Now, open one of the completed PDF documents and on the far right select combine files
- Click Add Files and select the files to be combined
- Click Combine
This form has the Digital ID (applying an electronic signature to the document) process enabled. If, upon opening the PDF in Google Chrome, the following does not appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, it will be necessary to enable Adobe Acrobat extension
Please visit the following for instructions to enable Adobe Acrobat extension:
Complete all fill-and-print form fields before completing the signature process:
- Open the Purchase Order Option Line Guidance Form
- Before entering any information, click the "Fill-and-Sign in Acrobat" (see above) icon or click the "fill-and-sign" option (looks like a pen nib) located on the right-hand column within Adobe Acrobat, or click "Tools" from the tool bar on the upper left-hand side of the screen and click "Open" under the Fill & Sign option
- Complete all fill-and-print fields
- Once the form is complete, click in the signature form field and either:
- select your digital ID and click continue, or
- create your digital ID, select your digital ID, and click continue
- Review the information in the appearance box and click sign
- You will be required to save a copy of the document (the digitial signature is not applied until the form is saved)
- the file name will contain the name "purchase-order-option-line-guidance-form" in the file name field, add a dash and the purchase order number (no spaces and all lower case (i.e., -4xxxxxxx) to the end of the file name (i.e., purchase-order-option-line-guidance-form-41234567)
- choose a location to save the file where you will be able to locate/retrieve this saved version
- click save
- Close the form version appearing on your screen
- Open the version containing your last name saved in the previous steps
- Verify that the digital ID appears on the document
- Close the document
The Purchase Order Option Line Guidance Form requires multiple signatures. Please complete the following process for obtaining those signatures:
- The initiator completes and saves the form using the naming convention defined above (purchase-order-option-line-guidance-form-4xxxxxxxA)
- The initiator sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to the Budget Executive for first approval
- The Budget Executive opens the document, reviews the document, and applies their digital ID (if approving) as defined in Steps 4, 5, and 6 above and the saving the document again
- The Budget Executive sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to the Business Area Financial Officer for final approval
- The Business Area Financial Officer opens the document, reviews the document, and applies their digital ID (if approving) as defined in Steps 4, 5, and 6 above and saving the document again (do not include the "A" at the end of the PO #)
- The Business Area Financial Officer sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to the Purchasing Agent/Assistant (see Where to Send Completed Form below.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Document Type:||Ultimate Distribution:||Retention Periods:||Disposition Method:|
|Original||White||Procurement Services||End of fiscal year +7 years (Refer to Purchasing (Non-P-Card) subsection of the Financial Records Retention Schedule)||Recycle or Shred|
After completing Purchase Order Option Line Guidance Form:
- rename the file to be uploaded as "PO Option Line Form"
- Return via email to Purchasing Agent/Assistant assigned to the product category (attaching the above reference document to the email)
- Reference PO number in the subject line of the email (e.g., 4100000123)
See the Product Category Codes to find the Purchasing Agent/Assistant assigned to a specific product category.
For questions, additional details, or to request changes to this form, contact Procurement Services.
- Policy AD35 University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN17 Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility