RECEIPT FOR PETTY CASH EXPENDED
Table of Contents:
- General Information
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
The Receipt for Petty Cash Expended form must be completed by an employee for each authorized purchase made from a Petty Cash Fund. It enables the employee to be reimbursed from the proper fund and serves as an expenditure record for preparing a reimbursement of the fund. (For the dollar limits on individual purchases, see Policy FN04 .)
The Receipt for Petty Cash Expended must be completed in ink or prepared by fill and print.
- All expenditures must be evidenced by a vendor's receipt in order to be reimbursable.
- All expenditures on this form must be for funds assigned to the budget administrator who will sign this completed form.
- Refer to the University Approval Authorization Policy FN18 for related information.
- At University Park - Properly completed and approved receipt forms, along with supporting vendor receipts, must be submitted by the petty cash fund custodian to the Financial Officer in his/her college or administrative division in order to be reimbursed. If it is inconvenient for the petty cash fund custodian to be reimbursed in person by the Financial Officer, the custodian must prepare and submit a Special Request for Check .
- At non-University Park locations - Properly completed and approved receipt forms, along with supporting vendor receipts, must be submitted by the petty cash fund custodian to the operating fund custodian at that location in order to be reimbursed.
To view document exhibits, click on link below:
Our PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. It's our experience that these built-in viewers do not support all the features required for PDF Forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand alone PDF readers (for example, Nuance). If you experience problems downloading or opening documents, you can right click on the link on the Forms Locator Screen, select 'Save Link As' or similar language, and save the file. The document can then be opened in either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro from the saved location.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact you IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Ultimate Distribution:||Retention Periods:|
|Original||Accounting Operations||Refer to Financial Record Retention Schedule|
Submit completed and properly approved forms, with vendor receipts attached, to the petty cash fund custodian in your area for reimbursement.
For questions, additional details, or to request changes to this form, please contact Systems & Procedures