REPORT OF TANGIBLE PROPERTY OBTAINED BY CONSIGNMENT OR LOAN
Table of Contents:
- General Information:
- Exhibit and Instructions:
- Form Requirements:
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution:
- Where To Send Completed Forms:
- Contact Information:
- Cross References:
Use of Google Chrome Required:
NOTE: Google Chrome MUST be used to access the GURU website and for completing and/or downloading fill-and-print forms. Firefox, Internet Explorer, and/or Microsoft Edge browsers do not support all features required for PDF fill-and-print form functionality. Substitutes for an approved University official form (created using a different browser or scanned copies) will be returned with the request to use the Chrome version of the form.
The Report of Tangible Property Obtained by Consignment or Loan Form is used to notify Property Inventory of tangible property obtained by the University via:
- Consignment by a governmental agency (ownership will be determined by governmental agency)
- Consignment by a sponsor of a project (ownership will be determined by sponsor)
- Loaned from a governmental agency and property must be returned to said agency
- Loaned from a sponsor for a sponsored-funded project and property must be returned to said sponsor
- Loaned from an individual (i.e., employee, Board of Trustee member, community member) and property must be returned to said individual
The information provided on this form is used to assist Property Inventory correctly identify University, sponsor-owned, governmental, and individual owned property during the annual physical inventory process.
This form is not used when purchasing tangible property. The identification of tangible property purchased with University general funds, with Sponsor-provided funds, and/or with Government contracts occurs within SIMBA.
- Tangible property received as gifts by any department of the University should not be reported on this form. Gifts must be reported on a Gift Reporting and Transmittal Form.
This form has fill-and-print form fields and digital ID (signature) fields enabled. The PDF version has instructions provided for the type and/or format of information to be included within the fill-and-print form fields. Hovering the computer mouse over any form field within the PDF will display these instructions. See Converting Web-based Documents to PDF Documents for details. See Applying Digital ID on PDFs for instructions on adding signatures.
For step-by-step instruction on completing the Report of Tangible Property Obtained by Consignment or Loan, click on link below:
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). Policy FN17 Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) requires that all form templates must be vetted and approved prior to being published on the GURU website and all such documents having gone through said established approval process must be password protected.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, etc) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for examples, Nuance). It has been brought to the attention of the Office of Systems and Procedures that PDF forms do not function appropriately when accessed using Firefox and/or Microsoft Edge. In order to access any of the forms on GURU and have the fill-and-print functionality work properly, the end-user must access the GURU website using Google Chrome.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
Clicking the form download icon on any of the form instruction pages on GURU will open a web-based version of the form. While it appears to have fill-and-print fields available, not all functionality may be available for use (i.e. digital ID fields). With some exceptions (see exceptions below), it will be necessary to convert these web-based documents to PDF documents (see Converting to PDF documents section).
In order to have a version with all PDF capabilities enabled, click the Fill & Sign in Acrobat icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This icon must be clicked before entering any information. Clicking this icon opens an actual PDF version of the document. Complete this version and save the document in a location where you will be able to locate it.
If, upon opening the PDF in Google Chrome, the Fill & Sign in Acrobat icon does not appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, it will be necessary to enable Adobe Acrobat extension. Please visit Enable Adobe Acrobat extension for Google Chrome for instructions to enable Adobe Acrobat extension.
There may be times when it is necessary to combine multiple pdf documents into a single document for submission. In those instances, complete the following steps:
- Click on the appropriate form in GURU
- Complete the fill-and-print boxes on the web-based form
- Click the printer icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Change Destination to Microsoft Print to PDF using the drop-down arrow
- Click Print at the bottom of that panel
- Enter a file name in the box at the bottom of the pop-up window and be sure to select a location where you will be able to relocate the document
- Click Save
Repeat this process for each document that will be combined
- Now, open one of the completed pdf documents and on the far right select combine files
- Click Add Files and select the files to be combined
- Click Combine
This form has the Digital ID (applying an electronic signature to the document) process enabled. If, upon opening the PDF in Google Chrome, the following does not appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, it will be necessary to enable Adobe Acrobat extension
Please visit the following for instructions to enable Adobe Acrobat extension:
Complete all fill-and-print form fields before completing the signature process:
- Open the Report of Tangible Property Obtained by Consignment or Loan Form
- Before entering any information, click the "Fill-and-Sign in Acrobat" (see above) icon or click the "fill-and-sign" option (looks like a pen nib) located on the right-hand column within Adobe Acrobat, or click "Tools" from the tool bar on the upper left-hand side of the screen and click "Open" under the Fill & Sign option
- Complete all fill-and-print fields
- Once the form is complete, click in the signature form field and either:
- select your digital ID and click continue, or
- create your digital ID, select your digital ID, and click continue
- Review the information in the appearance box and click sign
- You will be required to save a copy of the document (the digital signature is not applied until the form is saved)
- Select a location where you will be able to retrieve the document
- Click Save
- Close the form version appearing on your screen
- Open the version containing the radio station call letters saved in the previous steps
- Verify that the digital ID appears on the document
- Close the document
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592
- The initiator completes and saves the form using the naming convention defined above
- The initiator sends an email, with the above referenced document as an attachment, to the Property Inventory
- Property Inventory opens the document, reviews the document, adding the Property Inventory Report Number to the document, and saves the document again, this time adding the report number to the end of the file name (i.e. report-of-tangible-property-consigmnet-or-loan-form-1234-ABCD)
By following these naming conventions each document has a unique identifier, thereby preventing previous versions submitted to Property Inventory from being written over and allows for searching capabilities.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Document Type:||Ultimate Distribution:||Retention Periods:||Disposition Method:|
|Original||Property Inventory||While equipment held then End of Fiscal Year +3 year||Paper = Secure Bin disposal or shred
Electronic = delete and empty recycle bin
|Transitory copies*||Copies created during the digital ID process||End of Fiscal Year +1 year||Electronic = delete and empty recycle bin|
*Transitory Copies - University Records that have temporary value and, as a result, may be destroyed after they are no longer needed. In no event shall be retained longer than the office copy of the University Record.
The form containing the digital ID may be submitted via email to Property Inventory
The form containing hand-written signature must be mailed to:
101 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802
For questions, additional detail, or to request changes to this form, contact Property Inventory.
- Policy AD35 University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN17 Required Used of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility