REQUEST FOR TRAVEL EXCEPTION
Table of Contents:
- General Information
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
The Request for Travel Exception is used to request approval for Travel Policy exceptions. This form must be submitted to receive approval for reimbursement when the traveler does not follow University policy or in the the following situations:
- Traveler purchases airline ticket(s) outside of Anthony Travel or Travel OnLion and does not provide price comparison from Anthony Travel or Travel Onlion (made at the time of purchase) to prove fare paid was lower than fare offered by either Anthony Travel or Travel Onlion.
- Traveler chooses to use rental agency other than National (or Enterprise at approved campus locations) and does not provide price comparison (made at the time of purchase) to show fare purchased was lower than fare offered through National Car Rental.
The Request for Travel Exception must be used by all University Affiliated travelers.
To view document exhibit, click on link below:
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). See Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) for full details.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for example, Nuance). If you experience problems downloading or opening documents, right click on the link on the Forms Locator Screen, select 'Save Link As' (or similar language) and save the file. The document can then be opened in either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro from the saved location.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. An Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) account is also available to all Penn State students, faculty, and staff members, at no cost. Sign up for an Adobe Creative Cloud account at adobe.psu.edu. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Ultimate Distribution:||Retention Periods:|
|Original||White||Financial Officer||Refer to Financial Record Retention Schedule|
|1st Copy||White||Budget Executive/Budget Administrator||6 current months or longer if requested by Auditing|
|2nd Copy||White||Employee||6 current months, upon settlement; verify the actual amount received to the Total Payable Amount|
Once signed, the traveler must submit the signed form along with all relevant Travel Support Documentation including the Request for Travel Exception to the Budget Executive and Budget Administrator for approval. The form must then be forwarded to the Financial Officer for further approval.
For questions, additional detail, or to request changes to this form, contact your Financial Officer.
- Policy AD35 - University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility