REVENUE PROCEDURES 87-9 (TEACHERS AND RESEARCHERS) FORM
- Family Name - Print or type your name. Last name (Surname or Family name) first, then your first name
- SSN - Print or type your Social Security Number (SSN). Write "Applied for" if you have applied and not received your permanent social security number and attached a copy of the Receipt Letter from the Social Security Office, validating that you applied for a Social Security Number. If we do not have a copy of the Receipt Letter, we cannot process your request to be federal tax exempt.
- Arrival Date - Print or type your first, original entry date into the US (before beginning study at the US educational institution). This date must be the same date you listed in box #8 on the 8233 form
- Check the box next to the name of your country of permanent residency
- Read the information located under the country listing
- Sign and date the form