SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FORM
Table of Contents:
- General Information
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
- In certain situations, a department may desire to formally recognize the donor and/or the recipient via presentation of the award at a banquet or awards ceremony. For these instances, a certificate of award (or other such representation of the award) will be created and presented at the event. However, the monetary award itself must be promptly processed per Policy FN03 - Substantiation, Disclosure and Accountability for the Receipt of Contributions from Non-Governmental Sources and FNG01 - Flow and Accountability of Gifts and Grants from Non-Governmental Sources.
- IRS mandates require that scholarships may NOT be awarded in exchange for services rendered. Additionally, these awards may NOT be made from general funds monies, nor may general funds be transferred at any time into an area's designated budget/source code to fund such awards.
- This form requires signature of authorized department/committee approver (as applicable) affirming award is made in accordance with applicable scholarship guidelines and University Policy FN09 - Scholarships.
- The Scholarship Award must be entered on-line to eSteward before the recipient is notified of selection.
- For further information on Scholarships, refer to Policy FN09 or consult the Office of Student Aid or Student Financial Services. For further information on eSteward entry and training, contact the Office of Donor Relations. To obtain the proper security clearance, contact your unit Stewardship Coordinator.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2||SEMESTER 3|
|ORIG: 1-2345-6789||Benjamin R. MARSHALL||$1000||500||AD||RE||500||AD||RE|
|--||Award revised to||$1200|
|NEW: 1-2345-6789||Benjamin R. MARSHALL||$1200||600||AD||RE||600||AD||RE|
To view document exhibits, click on link below:
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). See Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) for full details.
GURU PDF forms are designed for use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for example, Nuance). If you experience problems downloading or opening documents, right click on the link on the Forms Locator Screen, select 'Save Link As' (or similar language) and save the file. The document can then be opened in either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro from the saved location.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. An Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) account is also available to all Penn State students, faculty, and staff members, at no cost. Sign up for an Adobe Creative Cloud account at adobe.psu.edu. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Ultimate Distribution:||Retention Periods:|
|Original||White||eSteward Entry person||Duration of Award + 2 years|
|1st Copy||White||Financial Officer (Internal scholarships only)||Duration of Award + 2 years|
|2nd Copy||White||Originating Dept.||Duration of Award + 2 years|
Forward completed form(s) to the authorized eSteward entry person within the appropriate Business Area.
For questions, additional detail, or to request changes to this form, contact the Stewardship Coordinator for the appropriate Business Area.
- Policy AD35 - University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN03 - Substantiation, Disclosure and Accountability for the Receipt of Contributions from Non-Governmental Sources
- Policy FN09 - Scholarships
- Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility
- Policy FNG01 - Flow and Accountability of Gifts and Grants from Non-Governmental Sources