UNIVERSITY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AGREEMENT
Table of Contents:
- Exhibit and Instructions
- Form Requirements
- Number of Copies and Ultimate Distribution
- Where To Send Completed Forms
- Contact Information
- Cross References
Signing a University Intellectual Property Agreement is a condition of employment for the classification categories identified below. See University Policy IP01 - Ownership and Management of Intellectual Property , and Policy IP06 - Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurial Activity (Faculty Research) for further information.
The University Intellectual Property Agreement (IPA) is required to be completed and signed by individuals first appointed or transferred to the following classification categories:
- Executive, administrator, academic administrator, and academic throughout the University;
- Faculty, staff exempt, staff nonexempt, and technical service in academic or academic service units throughout the University
- For any existing employee in the above classification categories who has not signed an IPA Form .
- Graduate assistants/fellows/trainees at the time of their first appointment.
- Undergraduate/graduate students, postdoctoral trainees/research associates, wage payroll employees, visiting scholars/scientists/students, emeritus/retired faculty and others who may be in a position to make, conceive or reduce to practice inventions or otherwise develop technology.
To view document exhibits click links below:
No form may be used that substitutes for an approved official University form without prior review and approval by the steward of the form/central office, as facilitated by the Office of Systems and Procedures (designated representative of the Corporate Controller). See Policy FN17-Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility (GURU) for full details.
GURU PDF forms are designed fur use with Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro. Each browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) has a built-in PDF viewer making it the default PDF viewer without asking users. These built-in viewers do not necessarily support all features required for PDF forms. Similarly, many calculations are not supported by other stand-alone PDF readers (for example, Nuance). If you experience problems downloading or opening documents, right click on the link on the Forms Locator Screen, select 'Save Link As' (or similar language) and save the file. The document can then be opened in either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro from the saved location.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free. Contact your IT support staff person for downloading assistance, if/as needed. If Adobe Acrobat Pro better suits your needs, contact your IT support staff person for purchasing and installation assistance.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact the GURU support staff by submitting a Technical Support Form request or by calling the tech support line at 814-863-8592.
|Ultimate Distribution:||Retention Periods:|
|Original||Office of Technology Management||Maintained indefinitely|
|1st Photocopy||Employee||- - - - -|
Office of Technology Management, 113 Technology Center, University Park.
For questions, additional details, or to request changes to this form, contact the Office of Technology Management
- Policy AD35 - University Archives and Records Management
- Policy FN17 - Required Use of Approved University Forms Appearing in the General University Reference Utility
- Policy IP01 - Ownership and Management of Intellectual Property
- Policy IP06 - Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurial Activity (Faculty Research)